concmap_od is a map that is an output of a self-challenge I gave to myself: “Can I develop a map in one day?” The map is named after the challenge (od for one day).
Before beginning this map I chose on a simple style to avoid getting caught up in a mess of textures or crazy geometry. The style consists of a few parts:
- 64x64 unit minimum block size. This keeps the geometry simple
- Gray square texture for floor, white for walls
- Edges and borders of geometry must be clipped for lighting.
- Map lighting is all texture based. This reduces time spent illuminating the map properly.
- Skybox is a flat white texture, with texture lights. To keep things in style.
Overall the map took me 8 hours to complete within the constraints above.